The Senior ETL Data Engineer is an experienced designer and developer of data workflows skilled in requirements gathering, ETL processes, and workflow automation. The role requires proficiency in Alteryx. Experience with personally identifiable information (PII) and marketing campaign data is helpful.
Registria is the market leader in providing ownership experience solutions to companies that want to know who buys and owns their products. We work with over 150 well-known consumer durable and consumer electronics brands (such as Whirlpool, Sony, Fuji, Philips, Bosch, etc.). From registration and on-boarding through the subsequent moments a brand may interact with its customers, Registria helps brands define and manage their buyers’ product ownership experiences. We have a global available market, work with a wide range of brands, and reach tens of millions of consumers each year. Our clients are expanding their use of our services; our products have won multiple innovation awards; and we are working on exciting areas such as blockchain, audience development and deep analytics, to bring greater value to our clients and in turn, their customers.
Position Essential Duties:
- Develop data intake and quality assurance processes and procedures to intake data from multiple sources, transform, and load the data to destination databases and Tableau reporting marts.
- Develop recurring process to create and extract data sets for the purpose of reporting, development of customer insights, and audience development for direct marketing campaigns.
- Develop workflow automation, monitoring and reporting for data processes and procedures in support of production operations for hundreds of subscribers.
- Responsible for overall data quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with Customer Insights / Business Intelligence team in extracting, blending, and delivering data to the company’s Customer Insights environment that runs on Tableau.
- Coordinate with production operations team on development of methods to audit automated routines through the company’s job tracking system.
- Developing and maintaining documentation, source control, and related practices essential to a large-scale production operation.
- Position periodically works directly with other engineers in the IT organizations of the company’s subscribers to implement and maintain services.
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams including software engineers, client services, campaign operations
Required Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
- Proficient in Alteryx and understanding of ETL and data blending practices
- Ability to create standard and scalable end-to-end Alteryx workflow designs from a multitude of sources (databases, files, REST APIs, etc.)
- Expert with SQL; understanding of performance tuning strategies and dimensional data marts a plus.
- Experience working with JSON-based REST API endpoints to send and receive data
- Able to quickly get familiar with existing setup/codebases and help document architecture/existing processes
- Experience rolling out configurable services/features
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical and data-driven outcomes
- Familiarity with Tableau and AWS Redshift is helpful
- Able to write code to access APIs and perform scripting tasks to integrate data
Additional Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Attributes:
- Experience with Atlassian Suite preferred, including Confluence and JIRA
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Familiarity with customer PII, campaign data, the marketing funnel and associated KPIs
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Data Engineering / Data Science, Computer Science is preferred
- Business Analytics experience is preferred
- Previous experience working in an environment consolidating data from multiple sources – data de-duping, merging, and cleansing data
- Problem Solver – Expert ability to break down problems, identify root cause issues, and develop solutions while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance. Sound conceptual thinking, analytical, and planning skills
- Planning and Organization - Effective at balancing near-term and long-term goals, prioritizing and sequencing.
- Communication – Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to synthesize the complex into simple-to-communicate and understand.
- Results-oriented – Strong sense of personal accountability, balancing process with results.
- Integrity – Demonstrates high integrity and confidentiality working with regulated personally identifiable information and other data protected by confidentiality
- A “quality first” approach – a passion for ensuring that all data meets quality standards
Location, Compensation and Benefits:
- $85,000 - $110,000 salary range (commensurate with experience) plus bonus opportunities through participation in the company’s incentive plan
- Equity eligible position
- Attractive benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance; 401(k) plan
- The position is ideal for virtual and remote workers; the company’s primary work locations include Denver, CO and Santa Clara, CA