Product registration is the first step to getting to know your customers. The information provided during registration can help you better serve your product owners by providing product information, support, accessories, and relevant and timely future offers.
One question that many brands struggle with is what information to ask for on the product registration form. Basic information about the buyer and the product purchased is a good place to start. If you want to really get to know your customers, we recommend the following ESSENTIAL questions to ask on your product registration form.
It’s important to know what product the buyer purchased. If the registration will also be used for warranty purposes, specific product information such as model number and serial number will be required. The items below should be included on the product registration form.
- Product Name
- Model Number
- Serial Number
- Purchase Date
- Purchased From
- Why purchased?
- Did product replace competitor product?
- How will product be used?
- Where will product be used?
- Will product be available for use by family or friends?
- What is your favorite thing about the product?
- How many friends have you told about the product?
BASIC OWNER INFORMATION
Along with data about the product purchased, the product registration form should collect information that will help you connect with the customer directly. This is especially important in the case of a product recall or other important product update. Below is the basic information about the product owner that should be asked for.
13. Full Name
15. Current Address
16. Previous Address
17. Future Address
18. Home Phone
19. Mobile Phone
20. Work Phone
24. Birth Place
25. Maiden Name
26. Mother’s Maiden Name
27. Name of First-Born Child
31. Hair Color
32. Eye Color
35. Favorite Color
36. Blood Type
37. First Crush
38. Last Meal
ENHANCED OWNER INFORMATION
It may seem that the product registration form is getting quite lengthy at this point. Fortunately, digital product registration has made it easier for both product owners and brands to complete and process registration information. The data below can be considered “enhanced” owner information and should be collected whenever possible to help you get to know your customers even better than they know themselves.
39. What is the name of the street you grew up on?
40. What did you eat for breakfast?
41. Coffee or tea?
42. What elementary school did you go to?
43. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
45. If you could take a vacation to anywhere, where would you go?
47. What is your five-year plan?
48. What time do you go to bed?
49. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
50. What are the first three digits of your social security number?
51. What are the middle two digits of your social security number?
52. What are the last four digits of your social security number?
53. Do you have a criminal record?
54. Felony or misdemeanor?
55. What is your Twitter handle?
56. What is your Instagram handle?
57. iOS or Android?
58. Name of first pet?
59. Name of current pet?
60. Do you have an active passport?
61. Who is your celebrity crush?
62. Country or rock-and-roll?
63. Or a little of both?
64. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
65. How often do you bathe per week?
66. Are you telling the truth in the above response?
67. How would your mom describe you in 5 words or less?
68. What are you allergic to?
69. Are you on one or more dating apps?
70. Do you have any single family members, immediate or extended, with a net worth exceeding $10M and looking to settle down?
71. If yes to the above, what’s their type?
72. If yes to both of the above, what’s their phone number?
73. Do you have children?
74. Which one is your favorite?
75. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
76. When was the last time you had your teeth cleaned?
77. Have you ever been to Spain?
78. What was the last trip that you took?
79. Have you ever sported a mullet?
80. What color are your socks?
81. Do you wear socks with sandals?
82. Are you German?
83. Are you happy?
84. Pepsi or Coke?
85. What is your favorite food?
86. Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay?
87. Chocolate, vanilla, or twist?
88. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
89. When was the last time you washed it?
90. Why don’t you ever wash your vehicle?
91. Would you rather be a bird or a fox?
92. Where do your parents live?
93. What would you wish upon a star for?
94. Star Wars or Star Trek?
95. Do you like long walks on the beach at sunset?
96. What is the funniest cat video you have ever seen on the Internet?
97. Don’t you hate it when your hands get cold?
98. Never have you ever?
99. What time is it?
100. Are you still reading these questions?
101. What is the date this blog post was published?
We hope you enjoyed our April Fools’ Day blog post!
The Serious Part
Registria has offered product registration and related services since the days of paper cards. With the launch of our innovative mobile registration technology, Photoregister℠, registration became simpler and faster, which has led to dramatic increases in the number and quality of registrations for our clients. We’ve since expanded to voice-enabled devices, chat, and messaging apps, giving owners even more choices.
Today we are behind the scenes for the world’s best brands, creating long-term value for them and the people who own their products. Our full ownership experience capabilities, from onboarding through subsequent interactions, help brands “turn a moment into a lifetime.”
Want to learn more? Contact us to speak with one of our ownership experience experts. We promise we won’t ask who your celebrity crush is.